Get your instance ID
Each OpenSearchServer instance has its own ID. You can retrieve your ID in the Monitoring Center.
Enter the Monitoring Center
To enter the Monitoring Center you must be logged. Select the Monitoring Center in the Account menu:
Get your instance ID
Your instance(s) is (are) listed here. You can copy the ID using the usual copy/paste method. Select the ID and choose the "Copy" menu item of your Internet browser.
Go in the user interface of your running OpenSearchServer instance
Enter the address of your OpenSearchServer instance http://[server_address]:8080/ in your Internet browser.
Select any index
The index you choose does not matter. The monitoring data are uploaded to the Monitoring Center by a scheduler task. You may create an empty index dedicated to this task.
Go to the "Scheduler" tab panel
Enter to the Scheduler module by clicking on the Scheduler tab panel.
Configure a new scheduler job
Create a new scheduler job with a "Monitoring Upload" task following the indication you see in this figure and these additional comments:
- The correct value for the period is 5 minutes. The monitoring data will be uploaded every 5 minutes. The Monitoring Center will ignore any additional upload attempt.
- In the instance ID field, enter your own instance ID.
- The monitoring upload does not require any authentication value. You can safely keep The Login and Password fields empty.
- Check the "Enable" button and click on the Create button. That's it !
Setup your alert
Go back the the Monitoring Center
Go back to the Monitoring Center by using the Account menu.
Configure your alert notifications
Click on the "Config." button of the instance. You can setup your alert as you wish. The monitoring system generates alert notifications following three cases:
- The disk partition hosting the OpenSearchServer data has no more space left.
- The free memory available for OpenSearchServer is too low.
- OpenSearchServer did not upload any monitoring data.
Check you have data
Once everything is configured, you should have data uploaded to the Monitoring system. You can see all the data in the samples list by clicking in the "Samples" button of the instance.
Check any notification
Notifications are send to you by email if anything is detected. You can see all the history by clicking in the notification (Notif) button.